If you are looking to escape the airport congestion during your layovers then you should consider joining an Airline Lounge club, such as American Airlines' Admirals Club. American Airlines actually offers three types of VIP Airport lounges:
- Admirals Club Lounges
- Flagship Lounge
- Arrivals Lounge
Admirals Club Lounge
You can find American Airlines VIP airport lounges in over 40 locations worldwide (PDF download)
- 24 lounges in major North American airports:
- 1 lounge in the Caribbean – San Juan, Puerto Rico
- 8 lounges in Central/South America
- 3 lounges in Europe
- 1 lounge in Asia – Tokyo, Japan
The Admirals Club offers many services that are designed to make your air travel experience productive and relaxing. From complimentary snacks and beverages to airline customer service to free Internet access and access to airline partner lounge clubs. Here is a list of privileges:
- Assistance with reservations, seat selection and boarding pass issuance on all American Airlines and American Eagle flights.
- Complimentary snacks and beverages are provided at Asian, European and Latin American lounges and complimentary coffee, tea, soft drinks and snacks are provided at U.S. lounges (private bar available at most locations).
- Computers with complimentary high-speed Internet access.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in most international lounges.
- Showers are available at select locations.
- Conference rooms and special business equipment such as fax machines, photocopiers, personal computers, audio/visual equipment, telephones, message and catering services, speakerphones and presentation boards are available at select locations.
- Complimentary membership to Regus’ Global Network of 950 business centers in 70 counties - a $300 value.
- Enhanced benefits through Admirals Club Special Offers providing exclusive offers from our fine partners: Bose®, Hertz®, LenovoTM, Samsonite®, Starwood Hotels, SkyMall® and World Wine Estates.
- Ability to purchase tickets for the same day of travel for all U.S. itineraries at Admirals Club lounges within the 48 states and San Juan, Puerto Rico. For complex ticketing, members may need to be referred to the ticket counter or reservations.
- Access to over 30 additional international lounges operated by airline partner, Qantas.
Amenities, services and hours may vary with each Individual Lounge.
Admirals Club membership fees are based on an individual's tier status in the AAdvantage® frequent flyer program. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum® and AAdvantage Gold® members enjoy discounted preferred pricing. Membership fees are subject to change without notice.
New Membership $450 annually 70,000 miles annually
New Membership w/spouse $750 annually 110,000 miles annually
Renewal membership $400 annually 60,000 miles annually
Renewal Membership w/spouse $700 annually 100,000 miles annually
New Membership $400 annually 55,000 miles annually
New Membership w/spouse $650 annually 95,000 miles annually
Renewal membership $350 annually 50,000 miles annually
Renewal Membership w/spouse $600 annually 85,000 miles annually
New Membership $350 annually 55,000 miles annually
New Membership w/spouse $550 annually 95,000 miles annually
Renewal membership $300 annually 50,000 miles annually
Renewal Membership w/spouse $500 annually 85,000 miles annually
AAdvantage Executive Platinum
New Membership $300 annually 55,000 miles annually
New Membership w/spouse $450 annually 95,000 miles annually
Renewal membership $250 annually 50,000 miles annually
Renewal Membership w/spouse $400 annually 85,000 miles annually
*All rates are in U.S. Dollars
**Certificate Of Marriage/Spousal Equivalency/Domestic Partner - please provide full legal name. When purchasing the spouse membership for the first time, a marriage certificate, or certificate of marriage/spousal equivalency/domestic partner is required. Admirals Club membership is open to all persons 18 years of age and over and is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Airlines. American reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
For your Admirals Club membership, you may pay by cash, check, credit card or AAdvantage miles by stopping by any Admirals Club location worldwide. If paying by credit card or with AAdvantage miles, save time and join/renew online or you can join by mailing or faxing the requested information to:
American Airlines Premium Services
P.O. Box 619616
Dallas, TX 75261-9616
Join by calling Admirals Club customer service at:
1-800-237-7971 (from the U.S., Canada, or Puerto Rico)
At the American Airlines Flagship Lounge, you can get away from the busy terminal and enjoy a little peace and quiet before your flight. When you travel full-fare in our First Class cabin (F and Z inventory) on an American Airlines nonstop transcontinental flight or First Class international flight, it's yours to enjoy with our compliments. We also invite our OneWorld™, First Class, Emerald and international customers to use the Flagship Lounge when traveling on eligible OneWorld flights.
The Flagship Lounge is an exclusive, private lounge, equipped with everything you need to relax or do business. Enjoy complimentary coffee, tea, soft drinks, cocktails and snacks from our self-service bar. Make some phone calls or enjoy a complimentary newspaper (the Chicago Flagship Lounge is a cell phone-free zone except in the business center). Complimentary T-Mobile HotSpot DayPasses provided by American Airlines are available at the front desks in the Chicago and Los Angeles Flagship Lounges. There's also an American Airlines representative to help with changing seat assignments and reissuing boarding passes.
Visit our locations:
- Chicago: Chicago International First Class Lounge, Terminal 3, Gate K19
- Los Angeles: Terminal 4, across from Gate 40, entrance through Admirals Club lounge
- London Heathrow: Terminal 3, Departure level after Passport Control in lounge area H.
All First and Business Class passengers flying American to London Heathrow are invited to enjoy the Arrivals Lounge amenities upon their arrival (Economy Class passengers can pay a fee of $50 USD + VAT for access to the London Heathrow lounge upon arriving). To enter, simply show your boarding pass and photo ID at the front desk.
Hours: 6.00 a.m. - 2.00 p.m.
The Arrivals Lounge offers services and amenities, such as:
The London Heathrow Arrivals Lounge can be found in Terminal 3. Exit to the right after Terminal 3 Customs Hall, and then take the stairs or elevator to the Mezzanine level.
- 20 Private showers
- Hair dryers
- Trouser presses
- Complimentary beverages
- Breakfast bar
- Mini gym
- Fax/copy facilities
- Complimentary internet access
- Pay/credit card phones
- Individual workstations
- Conference room - Learn more about the Heathrow conference room
So the next time you fly American to London, visit the Arrivals Lounge and enjoy a continental breakfast, take time to freshen up or even check your messages before leaving the airport.