Supersonic Business Jets
The future of business and private jet air travel are supersonic business jets that will be smaller versions of the Concorde commercial jet that were recently retired after some 30 years of service. The newest crop of supersonic business jets will be marketed as a cutting edge business that truly embodies the adage: time is money.
These new supersonic business jets will be able to reach Mach 1.8 in transoceanic travel while reducing the flight time by almost half. At an estimated cost of $80 million the market for these incredible jets will be limited to say the least; a total market of only 200 to 300. The initial launch of the supersonic business jet is expected to be in 2011, and is currently being developed by two private companies: Aerion and SAI.
- Save over 3.5 hours from NYC to Paris or London
- Maximum speeds of up to 1.8 mach or over 1,000 mph
- Flight range of over 4,300 nm
- Passenger capacity of 4 to 6
- Takeoff distance of 6,000 ft.
- Min. landing distance of 5,000 ft
- Estimated costs: $80.0 M