Very Light Jets
The most exciting debut in the private jet industry are the very light Jet aircrafts (also known as Microjets or VLJs) that are especially designed to provide a more affordable means of air travel through the more than 5,000 small community airports throughout the United States. The Very Light Jets are equipped with the latest in jet engine technology with that delivers the speed, quality and fuel efficiency that allow for a more cost effective means of private jet travel. These technological advances may provide the technological impact that our transportation system has been in dire need.
Some of the aircraft that either have FAA certifications or are very close to certification are Citation Mustang, Eclipse 500, and Adam A700. Other very light private and business jet aircraft include the Phenom 100, the D-Jet, the HondaJet, the PiperJet, and the Spectrum Independence.
- Cabin space/volume of 160 to 305 cu ft
- Maximum speeds of up to 480 mph
- Flight range of 1,100 nm up to 1,300 nm
- Passenger capacity of 4 to 6
- Takeoff distance of 2,200 to 3,400 ft.
- Min. landing distance of 1,850 ft. to 2,200 ft
- 33% of the VLJ aircraft have lavatory options
- Estimated Costs: $0.9 M to $2.9 M