Hawker Beechcraft Corporation
It was recently announced in March of 2007 that the acquisition of the Raytheon Aircraft company by a GS Capital Partners (an affiliate of Goldman Sachs) and Onex Partners for $3.3 Billion. The new private company will operate as the Hawker Beechcraft Corporation
Prior to the acquisition Raytheon Aircraft Company (RAC) is a leading aircraft manufacturer with over 70 years of experience in the aviation industry. In 2005 Raytheon Aircraft generated over $2.9 Billion in revenues, delivered 416 aircraft, and employed over 8,000 worldwide; 484 aircraft were planned for delivery in 2006. Raytheon offers a full spectrum of aircraft from single engine piston up to long range business jets.
The company’s headquarters and major facilities are located in Wichita, Kansas, with other manufacturing operations in Salina, Kansas, and Little Rock, Arkansas. Raytheon Aircraft company leads the industry with over 100 authorized service centers worldwide and they have built over 54,000 aircraft since 1932, with more than 36,000 flying today.
The current Raytheon jet aircraft line includes: Hawker 4000, Hawker 400XP, Hawker 900, Hawker 750, Hawker 850XP, Beechjet and more.
- Hawker 4000 – The flagship of the Hawker line, the composite-fuselage Hawker 4000 truly set the standard for quality, performance and value in the super-midsize business jet class of aircraft.
- Hawker 850XP – In the midsize jet category, this aircraft was recently enhanced with winglets, new interior, upgraded avionics and a five-year warranty program.
- Hawker 400XP – This aircraft is the preferred light jet for the fractional market and corporations worldwide.
- Beechcraft Premier IA – An advanced technology light jet, which offers customers an industry-leading combination of speed, cabin size and efficiency. With a new interior, upgraded avionics and five-year warranty, it was certified in September 2005.
- Beechjet - The Beechjet has exceptional performance characteristics and is a high speed alternative to all your business travel needs. The Beechjet includes the added measures of strength and reliability, which makes it more durable and dispatch reliable.